Topic

Nepal Evo versus Trango Extreme

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Mountaineering & Alpinism Nepal Evo versus Trango Extreme

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Zachary Arnold

@zrarnold

Locale: Southern Spain

I use a 45 Nepal Evo would a 45 Trango Extreme Evo fit the same? Anybody have experience with both?

Charles Henry

@chuckie_cheese

Locale: Arizona and British Columbia

Not 100%, but I have seen that the Nepal Evos have a different last than the Trangos. The Nepals have a wider footbox. I have wide feet and think I can use the Evos but the Trangos are painful. Then again the wider footbox might be to ensure warmth and circulation and it might be a good idea to keep it generous. My 2 cents.

rOg w
    BPL Member

@rog_w

Locale: rogwilmers.com

deleted

Zachary Arnold

@zrarnold

Thanks. I emailed La Sportiva. Their answer is that the Trango line is definitely a little more narrow and it is built with a different last.

I don't climb any vertical ice even though I would like to. Here in Southern Spain it is usually a long hike in and I am wearing nothing but a t shirt and shorts and when I get to the bivy site it will be full winter mountain conditions. I have been borrowing a pair of Nepals. I usually wear my sneakers up the the snow line and then change. I think a lighter more flexible boot would be much better because I wouldn't have to bring sneakers.

Charles Henry

@chuckie_cheese

Locale: Arizona and British Columbia

Try the Scarpa Charmoz. Lightweight, wide, works basically like a wide Trango.

Zachary Arnold

@zrarnold

thanks any advice for the sizing. There aren't any shops around here where I can try them on. Do they size similar to the Trangos.

Khader Ahmad

@337guanacos

Locale: Pirineos, Sierra de la Demanda

Go to Madrid and try every boot on El Rastro. It's open on Sundays and there are about a dozen mountain shops, plus barrabes in O'donnell street. Ademas unas cañitas nunca están de más.

It's only 2 hours train ride from the south. Your feet will thank you.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools