Topic

GoLite Quest Backpack REVIEW

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable GoLite Quest Backpack REVIEW

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Benjamin Smith
    BPL Member

@bugbomb

Locale: South Texas

Companion forum thread to:

GoLite Quest Backpack REVIEW

Peter Branch

@lightenup

Will,

Great review, as always. I'm curious about the limited sizing of this bag. Golite's website claims that it fits up to a 21.5 in torso length. Does that seem about right to you? I know I need to try one on, but they obviously aren't in the stores yet. Thanks again for a great review.

john flanagan

@jackfl

Locale: New England

Hope that's not too personal a question:~) I am curious to see where you fit in the size range that golite provides as a point of reference. Any additional info would also be appreciated… any thoughts / comments on the hip belt sizing? I need to outfit myself and wife with packs that are large enough to carry our gear and the bulk of a 6 year-olds stuff and feel that this could be a great option – but would like to be as fully informed as possible before getting into the routine of ordering / fitting / missing and trying again…

Thanks!

john flanagan

@jackfl

Locale: New England

I purchased it and returned it before taking the tags off – as the review suggests, fit seems to be a bit of luck of the draw. I sent it back because the hip pads narrow to webbing width directly over my illiac crest and after a short walk around the office with a load of training manuals I felt that they would be uncomfortable with the heavier load that I'll be using this pack with. I'm solidly in go-lites 'medium' catagory and would call the hipbelt "small". The shoulder harness length was also marginal. Too bad, because in all other respects it's wired!

BRIAN BOLIN
    BPL Member

@oboz

Locale: OVER YONDER'

This pack is fantastic. Lots of room and very easy to overload. you definitely don't want to go past the max weight of 35lbs. Plus the hip staps are short, so if you are large waisted be careful.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools