Topic

Podcast: Andrew Skurka in the Nation’s Icebox

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Podcast: Andrew Skurka in the Nation’s Icebox

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    b d

@bdavis

Locale: Mt. Lassen - Shasta, N. Cal.

It is so good to hear Skurka on the trail telling about the trek. Since we, my partner and I, are new at learning about cold weather hiking and camping he both gives the warnings (love the statements about not being able to screw up without consequences) and the description of the clothing and sleeping systems that make it possible. Finally, his comment about going with the cold and not fighting it really strikes home — where we live is pretty cold and his comments are right on — if you fight it you will lose.

PS: Andrew, if you ever need anything when passing through Old Station, Lassen and Shasta on the PCT — let us know. bd

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

Well I've officially been called out on my use of WPB in sub zero temps. Thanks for the podcast, Andy and Carol.

Joan Young

@sharkbytes

Go Andy! Great to hear all about the adventures. Wish links to the trails he used would have been posted.

Superior Hiking Trail
    Border Route Trail
    Kekekabic Trail
    all are also a part of the NY to ND North Country National Scenic Trail

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools