Topic

New GooseFeet Website

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals New GooseFeet Website

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Ben Smith
    BPL Member

@goosefeet

Locale: Georgia

My new website has been released!

Many thanks to forum member Kyle Meyer – who developed and built the site from scratch! He has done an amazing job constructing the site for me over the past few weeks, and he designed it to be much more user friendly than my previous site.

There will continue to be changes and updates over the next few days, but it should be fully functional now.

Please give me any and all feedback!

t.darrah
    BPL Member

@thomdarrah

Locale: Southern Oregon

Ben the new site looks great, nice work by Kyle.

Robert Carver
    BPL Member

@rcarver

Locale: Southeast TN

Ben, new website looks very nice.

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

The new site is awesome. It's great for the pants that you can customize them right on the site. Perfect.

I'm sure you're still taking care of fine details so I really don't need to mention this, but just in case you didn't notice the 'links' on the links page aren't actually links.

It would also be nice if you got the shipping costs to Canada lower. $30 for USPS Priority and $45 for USPS Express seems really high for a pair of down socks. These could be shipped via USPS First Class Mail for $5 or so. If you want to only ship items with tracking, use USPS flat rate boxes. A small USPS Priority Flat Rate box to Canada is $12.95 and I think pretty much everything you sell would fit inside one. The small boxes are 8.5" x 5.5" x 1.75" and up to 4 pounds.

Eugene Smith
    BPL Member

@eugeneius

Locale: Nuevo Mexico

Like butta'!

The links posted on your 'Link' page aren't working yet, that's the only technical issue. Kyle did a phenomenal job.

Ben Smith
    BPL Member

@goosefeet

Locale: Georgia

Dan,

EDIT: Links are done…

As for the shipping, I do need to specify separate prices for Canada.

Unfortunately, I have to travel to the Post Office to ship a First Class package out of the US. I live 20 minutes away from the nearest P.O., so that is not feasible.

The only item that I can fit into a Small Flat Rate Box is the socks, and I have to overly compress them to get them to fit. I have had multiple complaints from customers that received their down items compressed, so I decided to ship everything lofted in 7x7x6" boxes or larger. For Canada, this requires a $20 charge for Priority, $30 for Express mail.

Also, all International rates have just gone up substantially. I shipped a package last week to the UK for $27. The same package now will cost me $39.

I know these changes will probably mean less business from International customers, but because of the rate increases, I did what I had to.

Steven Adeff
    BPL Member

@tincanfury

Locale: Boston

Lookin' good!

I will be making a giant order this summer in preparation for next winter…

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

"For Canada, this requires a $20 charge for Priority, $30 for Express mail."

So the website will be changed to these prices? Right now it's showing $30 and $45 for these two options to Canada when I add down socks to my cart.

Kyle Meyer
    BPL Member

@kylemeyer

Locale: Portland, OR

Hey Dan,

After selecting Canada, you can change the shipping drop down to one of the Canada-specific options. Since I just made the change to support new shipping options, it's not as smooth a process as it will be in the future.

To everyone else, thanks for the feedback! I really had a great time putting this together. Ben makes some great gear and is a nice guy to boot, so it was easy to be motivated to help him grow his business.

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Yeah it's working well now. Before I selected Canada and I thought higher prices came up, but it's showing the $20 and $30 correctly now so it's all good.

Stephan Doyle

@stephancal

I, too, like the new site! Measuring instructions for the pants would be helpful, as a tip – am I prodding my dimensions (and where are these on my body – widest point of my thigh?) or what I want for the pants? That was the big thing that jumped out at me.

@Dan
    : I live just four blocks away from my nearest USPS and would be willing to send any (small items) along your way.

Kyle Meyer
    BPL Member

@kylemeyer

Locale: Portland, OR

Ben needs to get these on his new site. Great review I stumbled on via Hendrik here:

http://guthook.blogspot.com/2012/01/guthooks-goosefeet-parka.html

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools