Topic

Fishing Northen California in February

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Fishing & Tenkara Fishing Northen California in February

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dan Magdoff
    BPL Member

@highsierraguy

Locale: Northern California

hey all
    My buddy and I are gonna be doing a two week road trip north from San Francisco in the beginning of February. We were hoping to do some fishing, and I was wondering if ya'll had any information for us. Whats hitting/ running? Good locations ect? We are hoping to do some 1-3 or 4 night back packing trips along the way, so any natural stream fishing ideas would be awesome!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    Dan

Jim Leonard
    BPL Member

@mxracer33x

Locale: West Coast

The hard thing about fishing this time of year is a multitude of conditions.

Frozen Water
    Snow and/or High Water in Streams
    Closed Streams
    Over fished or poor fishing in those that are open in the flatlands

That being said, I know there are some areas with year round fishing that is actually pretty good. But first, are you looking at any particular area, and are you looking for lakes or streams?

Dan Magdoff
    BPL Member

@highsierraguy

Locale: Northern California

Hey, thanks for the reply…
    We are open to pretty much any kind of fishing, but if I had to pick out we are thinking steelhead, or maybe some salmon if any are still running. We were lookin at the Eel River, Klamath River, Hat Creek and anything in between.

What do ya think? Suggestions?

Jim Leonard
    BPL Member

@mxracer33x

Locale: West Coast

That is alot further north than I am familiar with. I am from Chico, and know the feather, sac and its tributaries well.

Those you listed all fish alot better then for steelhead, and this year has been doing very good. get on fishsniffer.com and browse around on the forums and I bet you can come out alright.

If you end up heading east ove int the butte, plumas, yuba, sierra county areas drop me a PM and Ill see if I cant be of any help.

Keep a tight line!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools