Topic

Power Stretch vs Power Dry – Which do you choose and why?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Power Stretch vs Power Dry – Which do you choose and why?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Stephan Doyle

@stephancal

Polartech has two fabric technologies designed for quite similar purposes (the marketing differs only slightly). They're both available at similar weights.

So, which do you choose?

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Power Stretch is my choice because I find it softer and more comfortable and I believe it has a bit more loft. I'd like to see real specs on air permeability, thickness and weight for both.

Both types are ridiculously expensive :(

James Stewart
    BPL Member

@jstewse

Locale: New England

I think the power stretch is warmer, but to some degree limiting as a mid layer, depending on what sort of conditions your in, whereas powerdry makes a pretty useful midlayer.

Power stretch tights are great for nordic skiing and the like.

Michael B

@mbenvenuto

Locale: Vermont

I am a big fan of power stretch as a warm mid layer and fleece alternative. the smooth outer fabric makes layering easier and provides some wind and snow protection. Powerdry seems to be to be just like any other wicking underwear layer, of which there are innumerable choices.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I also agree that these two fabrics have different applications. I use powerstretch as a mid layer in cool to cold conditions as an equivilant to 100 weight fleece, whereas powerdry serves as an excellent base layer. I frequently use them in conjunction this time of year.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools