Topic

Granite Gear Aji 50

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Granite Gear Aji 50

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Brendan Lammers
    BPL Member

@mechb

Locale: Washington DC

I some info on this new Granite Gear pack here: [link]

Although I've never owned a panel-loader, I think this would be really useful for mixed backpacking/traveling trips (which I seem to find myself doing more often than not). Plus, I have an inexplicable soft-spot for lid pockets, which this one has.

After some digging, I found out that it is due for release in September and will cost $219, and weighs 2lb 9oz.

Aji50

Aaron
    BPL Member

@aaronufl

Looks pretty great as a do it all pack. Too bad I picked up a discounted nimbus trace a few months ago!

I have to say that pound for pound, the GG packs I have used have been the most comfortable hands down.

clay stewart

@reluctantwaterhauler

It's not on the GG website, that I could find. I wonder when it will be available?

Aaron Reichow

@areichow

Locale: Northern Minnesota

Ooh- I like the look of that one! I've been meaning to try to make a pack with a similar zipper, giving you the ability to load it like a top loader and access it like a panel loader ala the Nimbus Meridian.

Going to have to make my way up to the Granite Gear store soon and see if they have any prototypes! :)

Daniel Cruikshank

@gearheaddan

Aaron Reichow

@areichow

Do we actually have Dan Cruikshank posting? If so- any of these going to turn up in the warehouse store? ;) Welcome to BPL!

Aaron from Duluth, MN

diego dean
    BPL Member

@cfionthefly

Looks like a very nice pack. Im getting a little tired of having to dump almost everything and repack whenever i want something. I have the GG AC 60 and think its extremely comfortable. Hopefully this will be as well.

Scott Simcox
    Spectator

@simco

Locale: Nashville

My first real pack was a GG and I've missed front panel loading ever since I moved away from them.
    My goal for the next pack I make will be a 12oz front loader. I haven't weighed zippers, though, so I may be setting my sights too low.

Aaron Reichow

@areichow

I agree- it looks very nice. Weight isn't too bad for a full panel loader. Certainly a lot weight cut from the AC 60.

I like the fact that the compression straps don't get in the way of unzipping the top third of the pack- something that drives me mildly nuts on the GG Vapor Day I use for everyday, travel and winter day hiking.

Mike W
    BPL Member

@skopeo

Locale: British Columbia

Hey Daniel, welcome to BPL. Great to have you on board!

While I'm a huge Granite Gear fan (my local distributor calls us the "Granite Gear Family"), I don't think I'd want to go with a pack that has such a large zipper. Seems like a very large point for potential failure to me however I can see why it would be an attractive feature for some.

mitchell Keil

@mkeil

Locale: Surf City

If Dan is lurking, I want to ask if this new pack is truly a 50L pack? What's CI on this one? And from what I can see on the video, it looks as if the "top pocket" has pass through via the mesh backing. Yes?

By the way this is my first post since coming back to BPL. Been away for about two years. Glad to be back among you and looking forward to posting and conversing with all my old friends and new ones as well

Yosemite Sam

Warren Greer
    Spectator

@warrengreer

Locale: SoCal

Backcountry Edge

Katy Anderson

@katyanderson

Nice looking pack. Wish I was planning a combined travel / backpacking trip, this pack would be perfect.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools