Topic

The North Face DIAD jacket

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals The North Face DIAD jacket

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Robb Stanek
    Spectator

@rstanek

Locale: Southeast, Atlanta, GA

There's a person making a market of these on ebay for $92.00 with shipping.

Do a search, and you'll see what I mean. Has a variety of sizes.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Pretty good price — but any seller who has multiple colors and sizes to sell at such deep discounts worries me. There are tons of fakes (and gray market items) on Ebay — particularly TNF stuff. One never knows…

Adam McFarren

@amcfarre

No comment on the DIAD jackets, but my favorite North Face knock off was spotted in Thailand:

"The Mouth Face"

No idea what the weight of these excellent summit packs were.

-adam

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Hahahaha… I love it!!!

Robb Stanek
    Spectator

@rstanek

It does appear the TNF is discontinuing this item for some strange reason.

I can tell you that I've seen a ton of them on the racks at the TNF outlet in Berekely for $129, and also at the outlet next to Diamond Brand in the Asheville/Hendersonville area.

Pro deal prices for outdoor industry professionals is typically 10% less than wholesale (where wholesale is usually half of an items retail price).

I'll be sure to alert anyone if I feel this jacket is a sub-par copy.

Robb Stanek
    Spectator

@rstanek

Got the jacket today and while I'm no expert in gray-market goods, this appears to be the genuine article. All stictching, tags, everything appears to be in order.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Super. Brett loves his DIAD — looks like a very light weight and yet truly breathable rain jacket.

Richard Scruggs
    BPL Member

@jrscruggs

Locale: Oregon

About how much layering does the Diad allow if purchased in a person's standard size? Plenty of room for insulated item, as for example 100 wt fleece or an insulated item? Or would the fit be pretty snug with more than a shirt?

Thanks,

JRS

Christopher Plesko

@pivvay

Locale: Rocky Mountains

I have tons of room for layering in mine. I would have gone from Med to small but I needed the length. They're more of a stocky cut than trim cut.

Victor Karpenko
    BPL Member

@viktor

Locale: Northern California

For those of you near Berkeley, the TNF Outlet has them for around $60.

Richard Scruggs
    BPL Member

@jrscruggs

Locale: Oregon

Thanks for the info, Christopher. Think I'll get one.

JRS

Victor Karpenko
    BPL Member

@viktor

Locale: Northern California

Just used the jacket this weekend in the rain while on strenuous hike. The jacket worked out great. It was breathable and the pit zips helped. The DWR shed water like a duck’s back.

Jeffrey Kuchera
    BPL Member

@frankenfeet

Locale: Great Lakes

I thought that TNF used welded seam technology in the Diad jackets eliminating every stitch from the jacket. Robert it seems like you may have been scammed since you mentioned stiching that appeared to be in good shape. Or maybe you recieved an older model Diad. I am not sure but it seems a little fishy to me.

Christopher Plesko

@pivvay

Locale: Rocky Mountains

There are a few stitches in the DIAD but the major connections are all welded seam construction.

Jeffrey Kuchera
    BPL Member

@frankenfeet

Thanks for clarifying the issue Chris!

Robb Stanek
    Spectator

@rstanek

Poor choice of words, by stitching I was referring to all seams and general quality of the shell. You are correct of course, all seams appear to be high-quality and there is very little actual stiching in this shell. It's everything Id expect from a genuine article.

To be clear, I'm not sponsoring this ebayer or anything, I just thought I'd share a good deal with everyone. Didn't intend for this thread to go any further. I suppose that means we're a lively bunch.

I received mine, and I'm very pleased.

Jeffrey Kuchera
    BPL Member

@frankenfeet

I decided to grab a Diad. Thanks for posting the deal here Robert.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools