Topic

myog iphon case

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear myog iphon case

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ultra Magnus

@ultra_magnus

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Frockwithboo.blogspot.com%2F2012%2F01%2Fziploc-iphone-case.html&act=url

I've done my best to try to find out how he's resealing that ziplock baggie, but I can't figure it out. I read the comments and searched amazon for "Dretec" products but it doesn't seem it's available in the US.

I could think of many reasons to make custom sized ziploc baggies if it can be done reliably. I've tried with a household iron but I always had leaks and weak seams that would separate with pressure.

thanks,
    BM

Tom Watkins
    BPL Member

@watkins

just a heat sealer, that site flags up a few viruses by the way to anyone thinking of opening it.

John Fredrikson

@jtfred

I have used a food vacuum sealer to make small zip lock bags. It seems give a good enough seal.

David Thomas
    BPL Member

@davidinkenai

Locale: North Woods. Far North.

Yeah, talk to a serious hunter, fisher, or gardener who vac-packs their own stuff for the freezer. (We have 3, because when the fish are in, they're in and we 35 salmon to deal with in a night).

To do on your own, if you're willing to experiment:

Put a metal rod or 1/8" bar in the oven at, Jeez, I don't know, 250F. Come back in 20 minutes. From the bottom up: wood base, ziplock to be heat sealed, wax paper, press with hot rod. I'd suggest gloves!

If it is too hot and melts it or too cold and doesn't seal, adjust the oven temp up or down.

Post your results.

-David

Ultra Magnus

@ultra_magnus

That's actually a good idea. I could use a heavy enough of a bar that has a decent heat capacity as to not cool down too rapidly… I'll see what I can come up with…

As to the viruses on that site- I run noscript and adblock plus in firefox, so I didn't get any warnings (and have symantec enterprise av software). So, either my system didn't notice anything, or noscript kept anything from running…

BM

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools