Topic

Mystery Material-Can you ID it?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Mystery Material-Can you ID it?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

Daryl,

I got a call back from the company that makes the 'hat block' that sells at MCSS'. The company that imports the mesh that they use is Carr Textile (http://www.carrtextile.com/Pages/default.aspx). You can reach them at 800-432-6620. I think you're probably looking for the PB81 mesh, which comes in a variety of colors! (http://www.carrtextile.com/Pages/MeshPB81.aspx)

Let us know how it turns out/if they'll sell small amounts to you!

Daryl and Daryl
    BPL Member

@lyrad1

Locale: Pacific Northwest, USA, Earth

Thanks Douglas,

I e-mailed them a request to purchase a couple of yards.

It's in God's hands now.

Daryl

Daryl and Daryl
    BPL Member

@lyrad1

Carr Textile got back to me yesterday and I ordered a couple of yards this morning.

Thanks again Douglas.

I'll post more info when I get it.

Daryl and Daryl
    BPL Member

@lyrad1

To test the Leno Loc mesh I made a waist belt for my carbon fiber frame pack. The belt weighs 1.2 ounces, including the fittings to hold the bottoms of the frame's carbon fiber spars. It is 2" wide and uses a velcro fold-back-onto-itself closure instead of the more typical 2" quick realease buckle (which weighs 1+ ounces all by itself). I wear my pack every day so I'll get a good chance to test this belt in the coming weeks.

I have at least 2 other types of mesh coming in the mail and will also make and test belts from those fabrics if they look promising.

here

here

Daryl and Daryl
    BPL Member

@lyrad1

The one company that acutally makes something called Saran Mesh (link below) will let me buy a 5 yard sample of window screen mesh for $130. I declined. Cost/benefit ratio was not attractive enough for me. I'm not sure if it is what I want and I will soon have several other meshes to play with.

here

As I learn more about working with mesh waist belts I'll post info under a new topic heading. This thread's kinda long and has served its purpose. I don't want to mesh with it anymore.

Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools