Topic

SnowXu Collapsible Snowshoes (found on Kickstarter)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) SnowXu Collapsible Snowshoes (found on Kickstarter)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Joe Geib
    BPL Member

@joegeib

Locale: Delaware & Lehigh Valleys

I was poking around Kickstarter this morning, and I saw the SnowXus on there. They are collapsible snowshoes, and lightweight as well.

I'm really impressed with the design and portability of the snowshoes. I just wish I found out about this 3 weeks earlier.

I think this could solve a lot of dilemmas that us BPLers have with regards to trekking in marginal snow conditions with limited pack space. This might be a good solution to some PCT hikers when they reach the Sierras.

Thoughts?

Dustin Short
    BPL Member

@upalachango

I love kickstarter, and those Xus look pretty interesting. A lot of design went into them, hopefully the engineering and performance live up to the snazzy look.

Sam Farrington
    BPL Member

@scfhome

Locale: Chocorua NH, USA

Very tempting. But my Tubbs minis are 1.2 lbs each, 21" long, but wider, and have gotten me down the North side of Cabot in deep snow many springs. And what is "a little over 2 lbs. equal to? Will take the Microspikes and hold off on these for now. Maybe they will lose some weight.

James Taylor

@stahl

Locale: Montana

Those look darn near ideal. 5 times in the last 3 years I've been derailed en route by impassible snow conditions. I've been looking hard for the lightest snowshoe I could get for "just enough to post-hole through" snow. Thanks for the link. Not sure I'm going to buy em, but that's right where I was thinking I'd like to be for early spring trips.
    Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools