Topic

Escalante Route: Tips & Pointers?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Escalante Route: Tips & Pointers?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Timothy Reynolds
    BPL Member

@magrenell

Locale: New England

Hi, Everyone,

My hiking buddies and I will be walking the Escalante Route in the Grand Canyon, from east to west; Lipan Point (Tanner Trail) to Grandview Point in mid-March. We've got our permits, and are in the final stages of advance planning. I'm just putting this out there: Is there anything, in your experience of this trek, that we should particularly look out for? I'm thinking of the route itself, water issues, and the weather at this time of the year.

For example, we're already aware of the possible silt situation in the Colorado River, so we're going to try using Alum before filtering.

Other, more specific questions I have are; where, exactly, is Cardenas Gardens? I presume it's next to the river before the route turns south. And I'm also looking for the exact location of the Spring you would hit on the Grandview Trail, before reaching the Horseshoe Mesa.

Thanks so much, as always,

Tim.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools