Topic

Kahtoola microspikes sizing

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Kahtoola microspikes sizing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Jeff M.
    BPL Member

@catalyst

I wear a size 9 in trail runners (inov8 315) and a 9.5 in light mountaineering boots (Kayland Apex Rock). I'm wondering if I could fit both shoes in a size medium. Any ideas? The boots aren't insulated but I don't know if they'd fall under the "hiking boot" section of kahtoola's sizing either. Any thoughts? I went down to REI but they didn't have any in there stores.

Chase Norton

@micronorton

Can only provide my experience. I am a 10.5 in trail runners and the mediums fit real tight..right on the boarder of uncomfortable without being.

Justin Baccary

@justin-baccary

I'm a 10.5 in trail runners and I went with the Large. They are plenty secure without being tight. Even at a 9.5 they won't go anywhere. My recommendation is for the Large.

Jeff M.
    BPL Member

@catalyst

Do you think the larges would work with the size 9 trail runners though or would they be too big? I may have to order both sizes and see which fits better.

Chase Norton

@micronorton

My opinion? I would go with the medium. If I were to guess, they will fit you perfectly.

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

dont get em too loose or they can turn on you on descent …

dont get em too tight as they can restrict the blood flow in yr foot and lead to frostbite

do buy em and try em as you indicated from REI or somewhere where it doesnt matter if you return em even after use

Jeff M.
    BPL Member

@catalyst

Thanks for the advice. I ended up buying both sizes from backcountry, so hopefully one of the sizes will fit both pairs of shoes well.

Joe Geib
    BPL Member

@joegeib

Locale: Delaware & Lehigh Valleys

Go with the Med. I think I had the same dilemma as you, with a 9.5 shoe (Montrail Hurricane GTX), and a beefier 10 snow boot (HiTek). I initially sized the Micros to the larger boot, went with the Large, and they were ill-fitting on the runners to the point where they were twisting a bit and not seating correctly.

Luckily, I switched to the Med, and have been happy since. Better that they're a bit stretched/snug on the bigger boot than swimming on the runner.

enjoy

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

Locale: Montana

I'm also a size 9 and the mediums fit my trail running shoes perfectly, can't say how they would fit w/ a larger boot though

John Brochu

@johnnybgood4

Locale: New Hampshire

I just tried the medium on my 9.5 trail runners and my trango extreme boots and they fit both.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools