Topic

Hike Against Cancer

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Evan Parker
    BPL Member

@ecp12

Locale: Upstate NY

Hey everyone,

My brother and I are planning on thru-hiking the Tahoe Rim Trail this summer and I had an idea to use it as a fundraiser to garner funds for pancreatic cancer research. My family and close friends have been effected by this horrible disease so I felt like this is something small that I can do to help. If any of you guys would like to donate, go to this website here and the donations will go directly to the Lustgarten Foundation. I sincerely appreciate any help that you may be able to give and certainly know that your money will be going to a good cause. The survival rates of pancreatic cancer are incredibly low with the 5 year survival rate at 6%. Also, I would appreciate so much if you could pass this on to anyone you know so that we can help give those with pancreatic cancer a fighting chance. Thanks so much.

Evan

b willi jones
    BPL Member

@mrjones

Locale: best place in the world !?

kia ora Evan. good on you & your bro for doin this. i hope the community here chips in. pancreatic cancer, as with all cancers are nasty things, so every bit helps, not just the money for research etc, but the awareness that talking about these things brings. no one really likes to talk about the 'c' word to much, but its a reality for a lot of people, so guys & girls should get the regular check ups. my father-in-law passed from pancreatic cancer a few years back. he was a healthy speciman, no smoking etc, ran the 67km Kepler Challenge mountain race in just over 6 hours (here in New Zealand), but lost the battle of his life. kia kaha

regards

bwj

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools