Topic

Hyperlite Mountain Gear packs

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Hyperlite Mountain Gear packs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Matt B
    BPL Member

@mbnow

Locale: New England

IME in North conway has quite a few HMG packs. some newer style and some older, all used, but only lightly.

Just picked up a newer windrider and a porter pack. $225 for both.
    most of the packs range from $100 to $150

About 7 or 8 packs were still there on Saturday 14th Jan.

Matt B.

Daniel Russell

@superfluous_grizzly

Locale: Creation

That is a ridiculous deal! Can I order these online?
    Thanks,
    Dan

Matt B
    BPL Member

@mbnow

Dan ,
    IME has a regular store upstairs but these packs are in IMEs' basement which is a consignment store. I dont think you can order online.
    That basement has some real gems. But unfortunately you have to be there.

Matt B.

Angelo R.
    Spectator

@zalmen_mlotek

Locale: Northwest CT

Gotta love IME's basement. Happy hunting.

Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

Whoa! Crazy coincidence. I was in there this afternoon and noted the same thing! I talked to staff who mentioned that they were prototypes and testers (some for the military purportedly) . I saw a porter, a bunch of Windrinders (2010 and 2011 versions) and a few xpac prototypes (red and blue ones).

Various sizes, some were missing the stays, some had the older plastic stays, some had the older skinnier waistbelts, I noted one with the new 2011/2012 wraparound hipbelt. You gotta be familiar with the different years and features to really know what you're getting

Pricing was 100-150. Awesome deal and very tempting. Struggled for like 30 mins before walking away, only to think about it for another hr or 3 in the car ride back to Boston :D

It was nice to handle the hybrid cuben material though…that stuff is really really tough.
    If you're in the North Conway area, check out Wild Things as well (minutes away from IME)

hmg3
    hmg
    hmg2

ben wood

@benwood

Locale: flatlands of MO

i just want that awesome purple sweater with the design around the collar.

konrad, would it fit a hairy 165 lb man?

Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

Although my willpower was strong enough to withstand the allure of the packs, it caved at the sight of the purple sweater. It's already in full rotation in my baselayer system, so you're gonna have to hunt elsewhere Ben. But of course, if the price is right, I might be convinced to pass the lil gem along. :)

Eugene Smith
    BPL Member

@eugeneius

Locale: Nuevo Mexico

"Whoa! Crazy coincidence. I was in there this afternoon and noted the same thing!"

Uhhh….huh….yeahhhhh, sure Konrad, I'm not buying that one bit. ;-p

tyler marlow

@like-sisyphus

Locale: UTAH

If anyone "happens" to end up here and wouldnt mind shipping one to a fellow BPLer I would be eternally grateful!

I can do paypal funds for cost + shipping and even a bit more for your trouble.

I would be looking for a windrider with stays in probably a size medium

THANKS!

Matt B
    BPL Member

@mbnow

HA ! Konrad that is funny.

When i first went to IME and saw the HMG packs i pondered for about an half hour, didnt buy anything. Then drove down to Wild Things to check the store out,
    Then drove back and grabbed the 2 packs i did end up buying
    I think your will power is stronger than mine.

William Brown
    Spectator

@matthewbrown

Locale: Blue Ridge Mtns

Spoke with Alec (hope I spelled that right) yesterday morning. I gave him the size and options I was looking for in a Windrider. He called back at 1 pm with the pack in hand, took down my card number, and the pack is in the mail.

Thx a bunch Matt for the info and Konrad for the pix. It helped a lot in telling him where the pack was hanging.

Anthony Weston
    BPL Member

@anthonyweston

Locale: Southern CA

removed

Gregory Monroe
    BPL Member

@dgm

Thanks to all for the heads-up on this deal! I called last night and they had a medium 2011 Windrider still left. Great price — $125 + $10 shipping. Excellent customer service. Sounded like they still have more HMG packs left but I don't know what sizes or models.

Anthony Weston
    BPL Member

@anthonyweston

I'm selling a large Blue HMG windryder like pack from IME Basement on the gearswap.

Anthony Weston
    BPL Member

@anthonyweston

Does anyone know what material HMG used for those red and blue backpacks in the IME basement?

Clint Hewitt

@walksoftly33

The Red one defiantly looks like Dimension-Polyant Xpac VX-21

I cant see the blue very well but probably the same.

Basically a polyester grid reinforcement (diagonal lines) and a Mylar film sandwiched between a 200d ripstop nylon (visible outside) and a 50d taffeta white backing.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools