Topic

ULA Amp…Pics, etc

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) ULA Amp…Pics, etc

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 51 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Cris Reifsteck

@unsuperguy

Brian, how are the shoulder straps on the Amp in relation to your other packs? From the photo they look narrower, and I'm wondering is the padding the same thickness as your other packs and also what kind of fabric is on the body contact surface of the shoulder straps? Is it a moisture wicking fabric of some sort?

– Cris

Gene .

@tracker

Locale: New England

Brian, I'm of the other school, looking for a pack of 3000cu internal capacity, with your outer pockets…a Larger volume Catalyst. I like the look of your packs, and think you are on the right path also.

Brian Frankle

@bdf37

Cris-

The shoulder straps on the AMP are ~2" wide and 18" long. Of that 18" length, 13" of that is padded surface. The foam is 3/8" thick and the next-to-skin material is of the a wicking variety.

The straps are 'straight' cut, but sewn into the packbag at an angle to better contour with your shoulders.

The hipbelt is ~7" where it attaches to the pack bag, and tapes to 2" where it adjusts at the waist and is also backed with wicking material.

Lastly, please note that the weight was originally mis-advertised at 9.7 oz. My scale was (embarrassingly) out of calibration. The correct weight for the AMP is 10.6 oz.

brian

Viewing 3 posts - 51 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools