Topic

The Great North American Wilderness Cleanup

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion The Great North American Wilderness Cleanup

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Laurie Ann March

@laurie_ann

Locale: Ontario, Canada

Hi everyone…

I'm doing some volunteer work for an event that I thought might be of interest to people here.

It is the Great North American Wilderness Cleanup. http://www.wildernesscleanup.com

The website should be up in full swing next week but I can tell you a little bit now.

The cleanup was started last year by a woman named Nancy Maddock. Last year Nancy ran this event in a small portion of one of our provincial parks and cleaned out a lot of trash. Nancy has teamed up with a fellow named Kevin Callan this year to make this a larger event.

Then cleanup will take place on the Mother's Day weekend. Basically you gather a team (or go solo) and pick a backpacking trail or canoe route that you want to cleanup. They've gathered sponsors so there will be prizes awarded and such.

If you decide to get a team together and participate please email Nancy from the temp site. If you could provide sponsorship of some sort that would be helpful too.

I will post again when the full site goes live.

Nancy Maddock

@nancy

Thanks for the info.

Laurie Ann March

@laurie_ann

Locale: Ontario, Canada

Hey Nancy – good to see you here. Sorry I misspelled your name in the original post. I've fixed it now. Hopefully the post will generate some interest in the cleanup.

Nancy Maddock

@nancy

Me too.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools