Topic

GooseFeet Explosion! -or- How I Drown in Down

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) GooseFeet Explosion! -or- How I Drown in Down

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Kyle Meyer
    BPL Member

@kylemeyer

Locale: Portland, OR

Just received down pants, a quilt, and booties from Ben at GooseFeet and am incredibly impressed. His workmanship really is stellar, and I'm now so excited to get out for some deep winter backpacking. The quilt is particularly impressive and rebuts Ryan Jordan's argument from last week about cottage stagnation. Sure, it may be just another quilt, but it's perfectly sized to my body and needs, has the right amount of warmth for the type of backpacking I do, and was executed with the utmost attention to detail.

I'm Just a pair of down gloves from being a total maniac.

Eugene Smith
    BPL Member

@eugeneius

Locale: Nuevo Mexico

Sweet digs….the houndstooth rug is a nice touch.

What's the shell material on your quilt? EPIC?

Kyle Meyer
    BPL Member

@kylemeyer

Thanks for the compliment on the apartment. It's all M90. I'm afraid of smaller deniers than 20D—is that totally unreasonable?

Eugene Smith
    BPL Member

@eugeneius

Locale: Nuevo Mexico

Totally reasonable.

I have the same grey M90 on my 32F quilt, it's a great shell material, almost didn't recognize it in your photo. I actually like the M90 more than the Pertex Quantum .8, less of that sheen appearance.

Ben makes some great stuff.

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

Seems rather selfish to me. I didn't notice a bit of down on the poor kitty kat…..

Greg Yurkovich

@chubbs4u

I have been looking for a great pair of down pants and looked at their site before but they dont have any clothing besides booties. Was this special ordered? Expensive?

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

Kyle Meyer
    BPL Member

@kylemeyer

Oh man, my cat is mean enough without putting any clothes on her…

Greg: the pants are really inexpensive. Compared to Western Mountaineering Flash pants, GooseFeets are cheaper with almost twice the fill and roughly the same weight.

david
    Spectator

@davidvcd

So far I have seen him make :
    Down booties + over booties
    Down pillows
    Down pants (mine are – from memory – 8.5oz for 4.5oz fill)
    Down balaclava
    Down mitts
    and from the OP, Down quilts

Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

He has also made a cuben vest with detachable sleeves (so i'm pretty sure he can make you a jacket too)
    http://jolly-green-giant.blogspot.com/2011/11/cuben-vest-sleeves.html

Jeff Hollis
    BPL Member

@hyperslug

Ben just made me some really nice down toe warmers. I explained to him that I didn't need the whole down sock and just want it for my toes past the ball of the foot and he did a great job and really puffy. Have yet to use them on the trail but they make great ultralight beer koozies.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools