Topic

Padding for a hipbelt pocket camera case

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Padding for a hipbelt pocket camera case

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Greg F
    BPL Member

@gregf

Locale: Canadian Rockies

I have an EPM-1 camera and it fits with some room in my Circuit hipbelt pocket. I want to add some padding to the pocket so if it is banged around the camera wont be damaged.

I am not sure about what to use for padding maybe closed cell foam.

My other issue us I want to make in removable so that if i dont need it in the future in can remove it.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

I've never had an issue with just putting my P&S in a ziploc and that in my hip belt pocket. Remember, your hip belt is secured to your waist, not a lot of banging around. I personally think extra padding is unnecessary. But if you really wanted some, then just put it in a sock, or pair of socks doubled up, and then use the socks for sleeping in or in case the pair you're wearing gets wet and doesn't dry in time. At least then your padding would be dual use!

todd
    BPL Member

@funnymo

Locale: SE USA

CCF, Reflectix, or bubble-wrap will work well. I've used an old padded sleeve from a PDA for years, too. Sam wrote an article about a MYOG camera case here as well.

Mark Dijkstra

@markacd

I'm using CCF for the camera bag I'm making, but in your case fleece would probably work as well.

Christopher Zimmer
    BPL Member

@czimmer

Locale: Ohio

I have lined some of my shoulder strap pockets with 3d mesh to give some extra padding for cameras or sunglasses and it has been working great.

Greg F
    BPL Member

@gregf

Locale: Canadian Rockies

Thanks for the tips.

The reason I want padding in there is that I know at some point I will forget my camera is in my pack and toss my pack down on the ground without really thinking so I want a little padding in there to lesson the impact.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools