Topic

10’x10′ SilNylon Tarp

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear 10’x10′ SilNylon Tarp

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Cameron Reed

@cameronjreed

I am looking for a 10 foot by 10 foot silnylon tarp. I can't seem to find them anywhere. Does anyone have a source?
    I have toyed with the idea of making my own, but wanted to see if there was any commercial models.

Randy Brissey
    BPL Member

@rbrissey

Locale: Redondo Beach, CA

The one company that I know makes a 10 x 10 tarp is Granite Gear. If you go to their website they can direct to a retailer. These tarps are SilCordura, so go ahead and take a look.

Randy

Gene .

@tracker

Locale: New England

You might check over at Hennesy hammocks or Ed Speer's webpage. I think Owareusa would make you one, or AYCE @ Thruhiker for that matter. Actually in the market myself for a 9 x 9….

Donna C
    BPL Member

@leadfoot

Locale: Middle Virginia

Outdoor Equipment Supplier makes them. Brian does some A+ work on his tarps. Check it out. I think he will make any size you want as well.

Jim Colten
    BPL Member

@jcolten

Locale: MN

Cooke Custom Sewing

Not the lowest cost and probably an ounce or two heavier than some but feature rich and very well made and made in the USA.

Dan's products evolved from the needs of folks who do extended remote treks, mainly Canadian tundra canoe trips, which accounts for his tolerance of an extra couple ounces for the sake of durability.

Oh … order early, he operates in the "first come, first served" principle and occassionally has large orders in the queue.

If you decide to make your own, thru-hiker is a good materials source.

s k

@skots

Dave at Oware offers a 10.3' X 10.3 for $113 including shipping.

Jan Unneberg
    BPL Member

@blueskyii

Locale: Pennsylvania

Two companies already mentioned make high quality tarps. Oware: http://www.ultralighttarps.com makes a 9'5" x 10'3" silnylon tarp they say is 18 oz. I've got an Oware 9'x9' silnylon tarp that was 15-16 oz before seam sealing.
    Also previously mentioned, OES makes high quality tarps and will custom make what you want when the owner isn't taking freshman college classes. He's an impressive young man. I've got one of his excellent OES hammock tarps. http://www.outdoorequipmentsupplier.com

Gene .

@tracker

Locale: New England

I have to agree, Brian McMillian at OES makes fine tarps! I was'nt aware that he was able to be making anything now, since he is currently enrolled in college and burning the midnight Esbit…

George Gagesch

@coolbreeze-2

Brian has reopened for business. I just got the MacCat tarp for use with my hammock. Great job, high quality tarp.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools