Topic

San Gorgonio Summit Hike

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion San Gorgonio Summit Hike

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Brinkman

@amuroray

Locale: Southern California

I need help planing my clothing and sleep system for this trip. I plan on going with a few of my friends on February 17 and I'm not sure what the conditions are going to be like. It will be a 2 to 3 day trip. I need recommendations and experience. Anything will help. Thanks.

Nicholas Martin

@namaniac

Locale: SoCal-High Desert

If your interested in having a tag along…i live maybe 30 min from the mountain!
    Lately its been pretty calm, but i think some basic climbing gear will get you up and off the mountain….compared to last year, the snowfall has been minimal…but that could change next week….PM me and if you want i can help with getting a better gear list from some friends of mine i know who have done it in the off season….

Samuel Kau
    Spectator

@skau

Locale: Southern California

Hmmm I also live about an hour and a half from San Gorgornio if anyone wants to hike! But for the weather, possibly expect snow but this winter has been quite dry. What trail are you taking up there? Last time I was up there was in November and I only experienced a little bit of snow and I don't think you really need climbing gear to summit but I could be wrong.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools