Topic

MYO bag liner

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear MYO bag liner

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ben F

@tekhna

So this kind of project seems like the easiest for someone to get into MYO gear–any suggestions for patterns and fabric? It seems like it should be as simple as cutting a mummy shape and sewing in a drawstring, but I've also been bag liners that you end up getting tangled up in.

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

I made one out of thin white silk, and I think it weighed 2 oz or something.

A bag liner can get you all tangled up unless you use safety pins in several places. Even then, you may feel that you need an explosive escape hatch if it gets really bad.

If you are trying to do this to make the bag warmer, then you may be going at this all wrong.

–B.G.–

Sean Rhoades

@kingpin

Locale: WV

Most liners seem to be made of silk or a very thin, light fleece I think. I've been trying to find Coolmax material to make one from.

As far as patterns Ive seen a few, just google that. Easiest thing to do would be to lay your fabric over your bag and trace it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools