Topic

winter gloves system

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) winter gloves system

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Leigh Baker
    BPL Member

@leighb

Locale: Northeast Texas Pineywoods

Thanks everyone for your input. Lots of great choices to consider! I think I'm going to try the Defeet gloves and go from there.

Clint Wayman
    Spectator

@cwayman1

Locale: East Tennessee, US

Hey Leigh,

It looks like we're in a similar boat with gloves. I just ordered a pair of the Wool Duragloves as well and will using a pair of Nitrile gloves (VBL) under with a WPB mitt over everything. I tend to get cold fingers fairly easily and am hoping that this combo will help alleviate this. Best of luck!

Steven Adeff
    BPL Member

@tincanfury

Locale: Boston

Are these the same as the gloves you have but in gauntlet form that may help with the snow entry issue?

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

steven

the ice gauntlets have a leather palm and as such are nowhere nearly as dexterous as the basic latoks which have a fabric palm with silicone grip … this does make the basic latoks less durable of course than a leather palm glove

i have yet to fine a leather palm insulated glove as dexterous … leather palm uninsulated gloves such as the OR stormtracker, i can tie knots in all day long though

as a note … rab indicated that the latoks are not seam sealed or taped, but that there is a WP insert …maybe the insert is one piece or somehow sealed?

regardless with enough fun in the snow or rain, i can say its likely these gloves will eventually get damp … like any other gloves

drowning in spam

@leaftye

Locale: SoCal

I can't imagine a dexterous insulated leather glove. I have several leather motorcycle gloves, and here's the only ones I would say are dexterous.

They're cow leather and very thin…soo thin that I've never actually used them on my bike. I have other gloves with thin kangaroo leather, but it's stiffer, so less dexterous. My insulated leather gloves are nice for what they are, but not dexterous at all.

My test for dexterity is if I can remove my wallet from my pocket and pull out my ID credit card without taking the gloves off.

Richard Nisley
    BPL Member

@richard295

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

I have tried many; the Cabela's Kangaroo Leather Thinsulate™ Shooting Gloves is the best I found, by a wide margin. The Gore-Tex version of this glove is significantly less dexterous.

Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools