Topic

silicone tube

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear silicone tube

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    John Devitt
    BPL Member

@cabana

Locale: Colorado

I did a search in the forums, and could not find silicone tube for my water filters. I tries Lowes, HD, hobby Lobby, Micheals, arrowhead equip, ect. US Plastics has some, but I didn't see and FDA foood grade certification listed. Does anyone have a current source for 1/4" & 1/8" food grade silicone tubbing?

Thanks & Regards,
    JOhn

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Google silicone tubing. Plenty of sources. Don't worry about the FDA certification.

Cheers

Brad Walker

@brawa

Locale: SoCal

Check your local homebrewing and aquarium shops. Or ask a friend who works in a research lab very nicely :)

John Devitt
    BPL Member

@cabana

Locale: Colorado

Thank you for your most helpful suggestions!
    Regards,
    John

Don Meredith
    Spectator

@donmeredith

Locale: SouthEast

Hobby shops that sell gas powered R/C cars have it as well. GL!

DM

Andy F
    Spectator

@andyf

Locale: Midwest/Midatlantic

Anyplace which sells aquarium supplies should have silicone air tubing. I think it's typically 1/4".

drowning in spam

@leaftye

Locale: SoCal

Amazon has 1/4" in medical grade. Free shipping for Prime members.

Jason L

@jason_loose_arrow

Locale: Yosemite

I use McMaster-Carr at mcmaster.com for tubing. I've replaced a bunch from reservoirs and the Hiker that I've had for eight years. I also got some to rebuild a GSI moka-pot when the brass tube broke.

dom smith

@domsmith

Silicon tubing provide the flexibility, durability & also chemical & temperature resistant. Its also used in wide varieties of industry..

pipe plugs

Dustin Short
    BPL Member

@upalachango

US Plastics has a lot of nice supplies and reasonable prices for small sized items (their larger tanks tend to be more expensive than necessary). [EDIT] Didn't realize you'd already checked here, but I found some for you anyway ;)

Here's their FDA approved silicon tubing, although for some reason it specifically says not to use with fuels (makes me wonder what fuel silicon tubing has different…)

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=23884&catid=799

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

> not to use with fuels
    Yes, that is correct. Silicones are not suitable for use with hydrocarbon fuels.

Cheers

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools