Topic

Stoves that burn Kerosene

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Stoves that burn Kerosene

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

Locale: www.bplite.com

There was recent talk about stoves that burn kerosen and Iso91

This one I made a few years ago and will tweek it this coming new year to make it burn biodiesel. This video was made a few years ago :-)

click on it, it's photobucket

<center>

</center>

Hikin’ Jim
    BPL Member

@hikin_jim

Locale: Orange County, CA, USA

Hi, Zelph,

Pretty cool. That's no small trick to get kero to burn in an unpressurized stove. Looks like a pretty clean burn too.

Anyone who has ever primed with kero knows just what a mess kero can be. Quite an achievement. Thanks for putting the Foster's pot in the photo. I couldn't tell how big it was until I saw the Foster's pot. Nice workmanship on the bail by the way.

I'll be interested to hear how the tweaking goes on this one.

HJ
    Adventures in Stoving

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

> That's no small trick to get kero to burn in an unpressurized stove. Looks like a pretty clean burn too.
    Indeed! Keep us informed.
    (Mind you, I used to use a kero room heater in the UK which burned cleanly … It's all in the vaporisation.)

Cheers

al b
    BPL Member

@ahbradley

Perhaps you could size it to fit a trangia 27/25:

the unpressurized simplicity would suit their philosophy(simplicity) better than the standard pressurised multifuel adaptor, whilst offering a fuel weight/volume advantage over meths and would gain a windshield.

Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

Locale: www.bplite.com

Here is the BudLyte Super Stove modified to burn white gas without soot or flame flare-up.

iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1KFjFQr00TE&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools