Topic

Jerky that tastes like: Longview Beef Jerky Sweet Chili

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition Jerky that tastes like: Longview Beef Jerky Sweet Chili

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Charles Henry

@chuckie_cheese

Locale: Arizona and British Columbia

I got some "Longview Beef Jerky Sweet Chili" and it was really, really good, with an extremely spicy kick. But it's amazingly expensive and only Canadian. Anyone familiar with this jerky know of substitutes that are cheaper and available here?

http://www.mec.ca/AST/ShopMEC/HikingCamping/Food/Snacks/PRD~5017-988/longview-beef-jerky-sweet-chili.jsp

Laurie Ann March

@laurie_ann

Locale: Ontario, Canada

If you are willing to make your own I could come up with a recipe similar to the flavor. I'm of to MEC's Burlington store within the hour so I'll pick up a package (if they have any in stock). This is actually pretty reasonable for store-bought jerky, at least up here in Canada it is.

Jim Colten
    BPL Member

@jcolten

Locale: MN

If you are willing to make your own I could come up with a recipe similar to the flavor.

that'd be Real Nice!

Charles Henry

@chuckie_cheese

Locale: Arizona and British Columbia

I'd love to hear the recipe.

Laurie Ann March

@laurie_ann

Locale: Ontario, Canada

They were out of stock… but I placed an online order. Once I've had a chance to taste I'll see what I can do about coming close to it. Jerky is really easy to make and my darling spouse won't mind taste-testing a bit for me… lol.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools