Topic

Looking for a Nor Cal trip.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Looking for a Nor Cal trip.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Justin Baker
    BPL Member

@justin_baker

Locale: Santa Rosa, CA

My holiday job ends soon and I would like to do a multi day trip somewhere up north before I try and get a new one. I was thinking maybe in Mendocino National forest, but I suppose I am ok with going pretty far if it's worth it.
    A good mountainy trek. Any suggestions?? I know it's winter, and that could be a problem. I really don't know how to judge temperatures and potential snow based on the time of year and elevation, I am new to winter stuff.
    I don't have snowshoes, I only have a 40L pack, and I only have a 35 degree bag, but could carry extra clothes or a couple poncho liners. And I can't afford to buy any new gear right now. I don't mind colder temperatures, I have spent nights in the mid 20's with very skimpy sleeping bags (like 50 degree rated) and an all night fire. I was more than fine But I just don't want to enter heavy snow, I'm not ready for that.
    Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools