Topic

Locus Gear DPTE and Black Diamond Distance poles

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Locus Gear DPTE and Black Diamond Distance poles

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    joe newton
    BPL Member

@holdfast

Locale: Bergen, Norway

I currently have a Locus DPTE pole extender/separator that allows trekking poles to be used in a V-configuration inside pyramid shelters.

http://locusgear.com/products/accessories/dpte

When ordering I had a discussion with Jotaro about which poles I would be using with the DPTE and he made sure I had the correct diameter aluminum. At the time the poles I wanted to use with this shelter had 'Leki' style tips.

Since then I am contemplating some Black Diamond Distance poles that have a thinner diameter tip and after another e-mail discussion with Jotaro he advised me that one of his customers in the US had found some kind of plastic insert that allowed the narrower diameter BD poles to be used inside the standard 'Leki' diameter DPTE. Having the correct internal diameter reduces wobble and possible bending of the DPTE's aluminium sections.

If this mysterious US customer is you, please get in touch!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools