Topic

12oz. Down Jacket for $42

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals 12oz. Down Jacket for $42

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Zach Baker

@zwb0002

Locale: the plains

My local Ross "Dress For Less" was selling a few Zeroxposur Extra Light Down Sweaters for $42. I didn't know much about the brand, but the jacket says its 650-fill down and felt pretty light. The shell is lightweight nylon but not ripstop. There's also a stuffsack included. At that price I couldn't resist.

When I got home I clipped off the huge metal zipper pull, and weighed the jacket. 11.46 ounces in a medium! Pretty nice deal at that price point.

binge cloudy

@bingecloudy

can u share some pics??

kevin smith

@divr6347

http://www.amazon.com/Zeroxposur-Extra-Light-Sweater-Jacket/dp/B0058E93RY

im guessing this is it price seems good in comparison to amazon

divr6347

Ken K

@thefatboy

Locale: St. Louis

All the Ross stores in St. Louis closed up shop a few years ago. I have my sister in Cali out trying to hunt a couple down… I hope they have them there!

Zach Baker

@zwb0002

Here are a few pictures. Pretty lofty and warm. I'm very happy with it.
    $42 Down Jacket
    $42 Down Jacket
    Here's another picture of it.

Ken K

@thefatboy

Thanks for the pics. As I mentioned… Having someone run a couple down for me. That medium seems to fit you well. If you don't mind me asking, how tall/heavy/thick are you? My son runs 5'9"/160. I'm 5'10"/290 (shooting for something that fits at 240, as I plan to be back there before spring).

Zach Baker

@zwb0002

I'm at about 6'0" and 150. I have some room for layering under it; it's definitely not an athletic cut but more of a regular. The medium would certainly fit your son well. My brother is 6'0" 185, and the large fits him a tad loosely. I think at 240 you would want an XL. The large might work also, but would fit a bit tight.

Ken K

@thefatboy

They only had one left at the Ross by my sisters house. It was an XL, and she picked it up. No I just need to find one for my son. Then again, with him growing like a weed, maybe I can just borrow this XL for 6 months, then hand it down!

Jim Leonard
    BPL Member

@mxracer33x

Locale: West Coast

Im looking at my local ross today, but if anyone has an XL they arent going to use or their store has one Id be happy to make it worth your while.

Jim Leonard
    BPL Member

@mxracer33x

Locale: West Coast

Checked my Local store hoping to find something taht would work for someone if not for my self. No luck in Chico, CA.

Costco had a couple of the Kids XL Down jackets in Blue and green but no black. I think guys were looking for those as they were equal to a mens medium or something if I recall correctly.

josh wagner

@stainlesssteel

i think i saw a jacket very similar to that in kohls last year. may be worth checking there for those of you looking…

donald buckner
    Spectator

@toomanyarrows

Locale: Southeast U.S.

I found one at a Ross South of Atlanta for $59. I thought, "not a bad deal, but still not low enough". Came back today and they had marked it down to $28. Score! Weighs 11.4oz in a Large in the stuff sack with the boat anchor zipper intact. Sorry, had to brag about this deal! The tag said retail was $225! I got lucky cuz it was the only one they had, before and after Christmas.

Ken K

@thefatboy

>> Came back today and they had marked it down to $28. Score! Weighs 11.4oz in a Large in the stuff sack with the boat anchor zipper intact.

Good score at $42. Great score at $28! My sister picked up an XL for me… It's a little too small for me, and a little too big for my boy. Hopefully, I'll drop down to 230lbs before spring (currently running close to 300 again). Then I can borrow it until my boy grows into it.

The XL in the stuff sack with giant zipper pull is 12.9 ounces. I think I'll cut the pull off and reuse it as a tire chock.

If anyone out there happens across a large at/under $45 and wants to do a favor… Holler!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools