Topic

Lightsaber

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Multiple Use Gear Lightsaber

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    chris smead
    BPL Member

@hamsterfish

Locale: San Jose, CA

I was just thinking of this on my last trip. A lightsaber can be used to start fires, cut fire wood, free yourself from an avalanche, build an ice cave, and even fight off bears.

Steofan M
    BPL Member

@simaulius

Locale: Bohemian Alps

Your light saber is longer than a grizzly bear's reach, right?

Webster Jorgensen
    Spectator

@websterj

Locale: Kansas City

This can certainly handle the fire starting.

http://www.wickedlasers.com/lasers/Spyder_III_Pro_Arctic_Series-96-37.html

It wouldn't do much to snow or ice, but would probably scare the crap out of bear.

David Thomas
    BPL Member

@davidinkenai

Locale: North Woods. Far North.

So you could forego: axe, saw, Bic lighter, knife, snow shovel, avalanche beacon, and bear spray.

Also, I think, headlamp, hardwarmer, signal mirror, stove, and fuel. And very handy if you're surprised by Imperial Stormtroopers asking for your wilderness permit.

It would also be excellent for MYOG – you could cut aluminum tubing, titanium sheet metal and it would heat seal the edges of nylon fabric very nicely.

But you should go ultralight:Mini Lightsaber

Ismail Faruqi

@ismailfaruqi

chris kersten

@xanadu

Locale: here

Does anyone know someone in North America that can repair one? I dropped mine in the creek last weekend when I was using it as a giant steripen. The shipping costs to a galaxy far, far away is crazy expensive. Thanks.

Matthew Perry
    BPL Member

@bigfoot2

Locale: Hammock-NOT Tarptent!

I get mine serviced at the same place i bought my Tauntaun sleeping bag (good down to -450 degrees f!! IF you can stand the smell):

http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/plush/bb2e/

YouTube video

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Locale: Southwest

Better get yours now, I hear the Empire is planning a ban. When Lightsabers are outlawed………..

Bob Bankhead
    BPL Member

@wandering_bob

Locale: Oregon, USA

be aware

chris kersten

@xanadu

Locale: here

So on the tauntaun sleeping bags, is that EN tested or just advertising? I heard you get chilly at around -400. I fixed my lightsaber. Turns out I had one of the 16 CR123 batteries in backwards after I took them out to dry it.

Kelly Gigliotti

@kellyg

"apparently force is strong with this one"

I think he was having delusions of grandeur.

Jack Hoster

@orlandohanger

Doug Smith
    BPL Member

@jedi5150

Locale: Central CA

Hahahaha! You guys are killing me! Jack, that picture of Vader at the campfire litterally made me laugh out loud. Not much can do that. ;-) And the one C123 battery out of 16 in backwards also got me. I'm a Star Wars geek, but you guys deserve a medal.

Jack Hoster

@orlandohanger

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools