Topic

Monsterpod for cameras–sticks to anything

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Monsterpod for cameras–sticks to anything

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Mark
    BPL Member

@mlarson

Locale: SoCal

I know this was brought up before about a year ago in the Photo sub-forum, but I think it's cool enough to mention again.

The Monsterpod is a camera tripod that sticks to just about anything–this page shows it sticking to glass and rock, and here it is sticking vertically to a tree. It uses the science/magic of the Van der Waals force.

It weighs a leaden 6oz (I'm sure the clever folks here could trim that down), but will hold cameras up to 20oz. Not that you'd want to use it to hold your new Leica…
    -Mark

b d

@bdavis

Locale: Mt. Lassen - Shasta, N. Cal.

I don't think the Monsterpod is the same as the Gorillapod. My partner got me a Gorillapod for SLR's, weighing 5.5 oz. for xmas and it works great with a Nikon D50 and 28 x 200 mm autofocus zoom lens; as long as I am careful.

Gorillapod:

http://www.joby.com/gp2.html

Gorillapod SLR tripod

Monsterpod:

Monsterpod

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools