Topic

Stratospire 1 vs Slong 6

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Stratospire 1 vs Slong 6

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Robert Connor
    BPL Member

@bplnole

Locale: N E Fl

I am looking for a good solo tent that will accommodate my 6-4" frame while using a 2.5" pad (I would also like the ability to occasionally share it with my 11 yo son if I wanted to). After a lot of research, I have narrowed it to the Statospire and the Solong. There are some pretty good user reviews on the Solong, but not a lot on the newer Stratospire (of course Franco's thread is the exception). I was wondering if any of the users of the Stratospire could weigh in. Of course I'd love to hear about any experience with the Solong as well.
    Thanks!

RVP
    BPL Member

@tunaboy999-2

Locale: Mid Atlantic

From the Specs it looks like these are the main trade offs:

Solong has greater floor area and length.
    Stratospire has more headroom at the sides and more vestibule space.
    Solong is a little lighter.
    Stratospire is double wall.

I have the Solong and really like it — I'd recommend the awning/wedge if you go that route.

Robert Connor
    BPL Member

@bplnole

Locale: N E Fl

Thanks for the Solong recommendation, it sounds like a great tent. Has anyone received their SS1 yet?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools