Topic

A simple, yet very inefficient alchol stove

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear A simple, yet very inefficient alchol stove

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ultra Magnus

@ultra_magnus

Does anyone here even remember the mini bull designs sst? Tinny had a video on his old site, and I've looked and looked and can't find any mention of it anymore. But, I did make this knock off about 5 years ago. I dug around on my hard drive and all I have is one photo and this 11 second video of it in operation. I somehow broke it trying to make some modification (I barely recall) and never made another. Now, I'm thinking I need to start drinking red bull's again so I can make one more just to have.

I'd have to dig up my old notes, but I seem to recall this bad boy boiled 2c water in maybe 2:30 seconds, and used up 1oz of fuel in about 3 mins… Don't quote me, that was a long time and a lot of stoves ago…mbd sst knock off

http://vimeo.com/33676930

BM

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

Ultra Magnus
    You have some impressive figures there , now I wish I had kept note on some of my better failures.
    possibly the greatest waste of fuel was getting fireballs from pepsi cans and too tight windscreens/pot supports.
    If I get the urge again I see if I can do worse.
    Franco

Hikin’ Jim
    BPL Member

@hikin_jim

Locale: Orange County, CA, USA

Well, at least he didn't go to a lot of trouble to be inefficient.

HJ
    Adventures in Stoving

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools