Topic

Additional 30% off REI products – sale and clearance included, free shipping on any item

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Additional 30% off REI products – sale and clearance included, free shipping on any item

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Tim Haynes

@timalan

Locale: Mid Atlantic

REI's current holiday special (through the 24th) gives you 30% off any one REI-branded item, including sale and clearance items and outlet items. They've also got free shipping going on right now on all items (through Dec. 31).

Obviously, there isn't too much that would appeal to this crowd, but there are a few things… the Merino Wool Hoodie is $42 plus tax, the Flash 30 backpack is $38, and a bunch of basics like synthetic shirts…

We really didn't need anything, but I got my wife a hoodie with thumb holes for $21, which will make her very happy — its been on her list for a long time. For some reason, she just really likes thumb holes in her shirts, and they are hard to find.

(edited to fix links)

Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

Tim, thanks man!!

I used to own a Flash 30 back in the day…and I really really liked that pack. I returned it after the stitching blew out, deciding to get a refund as opposed to an exchange. This was 2 years ago, and I've thought about picking up another one ever since. The coupon you posted totally sealed the deal for me. Also, there are cashback deals online for 4-5% cashback from REI. (I used fatwallet for 4% back)

Thanks again!

Joseph R
    BPL Member

@dianoda

Locale: Chicago, IL

Thanks for pointing out the merino hoody, I find it pretty tempting considering the price and REI guarantee.

Anyone here own one? How is the quality of REI's merino? I suppose I can always order and return if it doesn't live up to expectations…

Edit: On second review, the hood seems not so great – REI should have gone with a longer zipper track so you could seal it against your neck. But from the photos it looks like the hood as is would vent valuable heat through the neck opening as there is no way to tighten the hood.

Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

Hi Joseph,
    I've seen the merino hoody in person, and yes, the hood itself is terrible. Very floppy and non-form fitting. Good to keep the sun off but bad to keep the warmth in.

Ben F

@tekhna

I just grabbed some adventure pants, cause why not at 35 bucks?

daniel B
    Spectator

@dbogey

Locale: East Coast

Just when I thought I was done purchasing gear for the year this shows up !! Some last minute items before I head out to park city utah for 5 days of skiing.

Tad Englund
    BPL Member

@bestbuilder

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Tim, thanks for the reminder-

Chris S
    BPL Member

@bigsea

Locale: Truckee, CA

I thought there was an REI branded 0.9 liter titanium pot, but I can't seem to find it on the website. Anyone know if they discontinued it?

Steven Adeff
    BPL Member

@tincanfury

Locale: Boston

http://www.rei.com/product/764181/rei-ti-ware-nonstick-titanium-pot-09-liter

looks like they no longer sell it. I've seen it fairly recently in-store, may be worth going if there's one near you.

picked up the flash 30 as well to replace my current 28L pack of the same weight.

Kyle Meyer
    BPL Member

@kylemeyer

Locale: Portland, OR

http://www.rei.com/product/778167/rei-halo-10-sleeping-bag-womens

The women's long is EN-rated to 1º for men, has 30 ounces of 750 fill down, and the 30% off stacks with the existing discount to make this bag $150 brand new with free shipping.

This is a great deal.

USA Duane Hall
    BPL Member

@hikerduane

Locale: Extreme northern Sierra Nevada

Steven, I picked up a pot back in late July, they were marked down, in time for me to mate up a new Caldera Cone with it for my summer vacation. I signed up for Gear mail and got a nice discount on the pot.
    Duane

Stephan Doyle

@stephancal

Yikes Kyle! That is a SCREAMING deal. Bona fide 0º bag under 3 pounds. Available in 5'6" and 6'0" lengths.

. .
    BPL Member

@biointegra

Locale: Puget Sound

http://www.rei.com/product/762920/rei-ridgeline-hipbelt-08-womens

A hip belt for <$4 to butcher for parts for that MYOG pack?

Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

Hey Aaron, I actually picked up the men's Hipbelt with the same thing in mind. It's extremely thick on terms of padding. Almost uncomfortably so. Might still be worth it… You can always return it.

Tad Englund
    BPL Member

@bestbuilder

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Thanks for the hipbelt lead. I got the men's and i'll see what I can do with it. Now if they only had shoulder straps!

Kevin Manley
    BPL Member

@manleyk

Locale: Denver-ish

I own one of these. At 18F, in high wind, and me in my boxers only, I had to unzip it! Very warm bag.

Kevin

James Reilly
    Spectator

@zippymorocco

Locale: Montana
    Phillip Asby
    BPL Member

@pgasby

Locale: North Carolina

a picked up a lumen 25 after discount and a google offers coupon for $50 ($65 with the 15 for the 25 coupon). For a budget conscious newbie in the south that was a good snag I think. I originally got the coupon for a stove but rei appears to no longer have the gigapower online or in store…

Jesse D.
    BPL Member

@upcountry

Locale: Lassen Co.

With the mention of the hip belts for some MYOG projects, I saw these Osprey straps that could be a nice start on a project as well…
    http://www.rei.com/product/764594/osprey-isoform-harness-mens

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools