Topic

gortex in shoes

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) gortex in shoes

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Clint Hewitt

@walksoftly33

Locale: New England

Travis,

As Nick said you have to size up. I am normally a size 10 so I went with a size 11 sock. For Winter use I would go up even another size for the use of a thicker sock underneath.

I normally used a pair of toe socks to keep my from toes apart and blister free.

They can be tight getting on and off rounding the ankle, I blew a seam taking them on or off cant remember which. I just sewed them up, did not retape them but they have seen alot of use so a new pair is in order. If I can find the material I might make myself a custom fitting pair solving the issues with rockies.

Ken Bennett
    Spectator

@ken_bennett

Locale: southeastern usa

I like Goretex trail runners in the winter with tall goretex gaiters. The gaiters solve many of the issues noted above – they keep out the snow and rain, and keep out water from puddles and even creek fords if one walks quickly enough. The shoe/gaiter combo is more comfortable for me than winter boots. I've not tried the w/b socks, so I can't comment on those.

Mike W
    BPL Member

@skopeo

Locale: British Columbia

spelt with a t
    BPL Member

@spelt

Locale: Rangeley, ME

Err by walkers calves do you mean kankles?

I'm thinking he meant calf muscles of unusual size. Sure, they look impressive, but they make buying gaiters a pain in the a**. I have to slide the tops of the Rocky socks down about an inch and a half or they cut off circulation to my feet.

Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools