Topic

Patagonia – Torres del Paine and Cabo Froward

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Patagonia – Torres del Paine and Cabo Froward

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Liz C-S

@lizard4136

hey all…

i'm planning a three week trip to patagonia in february with my husband and a friend. i've read the gear lists/trip reports for the TdP treks (we're doing the circuit), and am confident in our planning for that (although any tips are very appreciated!), but i'm not finding much about the hike to cabo froward. i'm curious whether anyone on here has done the hike, and might be able to give some info about basic logistics (availability of fresh water, length of hike – miles/km/days, timing river crossings and high/low tides, etc.).

thanks! :)

Richard Lyon
    BPL Member

@richardglyon

Locale: Bridger Mountains

Elisabeth,

These are two side trips off the Circuit that I recommend highly. When I did the Circuit in 1999 the water was too high to get to Valle Frances, but it's supposed to be one of the most beautiful spots in the Paine.

I'm jealous – the Circuit was perhaps the best extended hike I've ever done.

Richard

Liz C-S

@lizard4136

awesome. thanks for the recommendation! that's definitely in our itinerary, along with a side trip to valle de silencio, which i know some of the people who have been recently really enjoyed. really looking forward to the circuit…it's great to hear that it was such a good experience!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools