Topic

Christmas Gift Ideas: Under $35

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Christmas Gift Ideas: Under $35

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    diego dean
    BPL Member

@cfionthefly

What are some good stocking stuffer gifts for the outdoor enthusiast coming in under $35? What would you like?

David Chenault
    BPL Member

@davec

Locale: Queen City, MT

Cuben dry bags.

One of Kat's awesome alpacka wool hats.

Gerry Volpe

@gvolpe

Locale: Vermont

BPL membership

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

Some of their fuel of choice.

A second on one of Kat's wonderful hats.

Eugene Smith
    BPL Member

@eugeneius

Locale: Nuevo Mexico

Merino socks

Buff

Thin wool glove liners (*these only last me about a year before I spring holes in the fingers)

Probars. Mmmmmmmmmm……..

Calories ( gels, bars, gorp, meals)

small Kupilka

Ken K

@thefatboy

Locale: St. Louis

Headlamp, mini-bic lighters, waterproof matches, fishing gear, reflective cordage, mini-dropper bottles, dri-ducks poncho, survival bivy, Photon x-light… My list keeps going because every time I turn around, my boy has swiped another piece of my gear. I suspect he's trading it on campouts for junk food and camp chores.

Kim Perley

@amanita

second on a buff (I haven't got one yet, but they look nifty)

postal scale

small plastic bottles (for repacking liquids)

maps or guides for local trails (or one you know they want to hike)

small bottles of deet, sunscreen, biodegradable soap, mini toothpaste

a silnylon "packable pack" from sea to summit, or a gossamer gear riksack

titanium sheppard's hook stakes painted like candy canes (also a tree ornament)

Chris Banks

@cbanks

Locale: WV

http://www.brasslite.com. Love Aaron's stoves. Special prices till Dec. 31st.

Art …
    BPL Member

@asandh

ok, I "was" the 5th entry in this thread and then it mysteriously disappeared.
    I had made a simple suggestion that we make a donation rather than spending our christmas present money on trinkets. I had listed 4 possible donation options.

Was this so out of place on this thread it had to be deleted ?
    Would whoever deleted my post please provide an explanation for the censorship ?

Eugene Smith
    BPL Member

@eugeneius

Locale: Nuevo Mexico

nm

Dan Cherry

@risingsun

Locale: Northern Arizona

My wife and I have given Kiva.org gift certs over the past couple years for people to make microloans on kiva.org. They have been very well-received and have been a gift that keeps on giving as each $25 loan gets repaid, the lender can re-lend it back out again. I think two of our $25 gifts have been loaned out 4 times for a total of $100 in loans each. It's a great feel-good gift.

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Locale: Wisconsin

Hey guys, I reported the post that was a link to some overstock Abercrombie and Fitch website. It was the person's first post, and soon a similar one showed up in another thread.

I noticed that this entire thread was deleted for a while, so I don't know what happened.

Art, I'm not sure why your post was deleted.

Addie Bedford
    BPL Member

@addiebedford

Locale: Montana

Hi all!
    Art, I'm also not sure why your post was deleted – it wasn't flagged, I know that much. Sometimes, when a post HAS been deleted, it does wonky things to the entire thread. Forum mods have noticed it as well, but we're not entirely sure about the cause or solution.

All I can say is that I'm sorry the post was deleted, and that I believe it was a mistake or accident on the deleter's part.

I received some Kiva credit to make loans as part of a Christmas gift. I'm excited about using it. My entire family opted to pool our money and buy livestock for families in Africa. I'm excited about having done that too!

James Winstead
    Spectator

@james_w

Locale: CA

+2 or 3 or whatever to Kat's cool hats.

Also, those Tyvek Wallets are pretty cool. Not necessarily backpacking gear technically, but likely a bpl-er will be excited about UL type stuff in their everyday life too.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools