Topic

GG Murmur 2012 reviews

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) GG Murmur 2012 reviews

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Adam Wallace

@a-wallace

Locale: somewhere
    James Marco
    BPL Member

@jamesdmarco

Locale: Finger Lakes

You can be placed on the waiting list if you want one. It is not available yet…

Adam Wallace

@a-wallace

Locale: somewhere

James, I just checked the GG site, they're in stock now.

Adrian MITCHELL
    Spectator

@adie-mitchell

Locale: Northwest Mass

big changes.

I NEED to get me some of that lighter weight dyneema!

James Marco
    BPL Member

@jamesdmarco

Yupper, I just ordered one about 1430-1500EST or so.

Luke Schmidt
    BPL Member

@cameron

Locale: Alaska

I wonder how the lighter weight dyneema will hold up. It should be more abrasion resistant but I find a limiting factor in really light packs is that the seams fail over time. I wonder if lighter weight dyneema will be noticably stronger on the seams.

Rusty Beaver
    BPL Member

@rustyb

Locale: Idaho

I see that the new Murmur uses a lighter weight webbing. I have had slippage issues with similar looking webbing…but my experience is limited with it. I'm sure there are buckles that are compatible so I'm not implying there could be an issue here. Just an observation and curiosity.

I wonder how Murmur's webbing compares to the lightweight stuff sold by Quest Outfitters…#2029 to be exact? http://questoutfitters.com/narrow_roll_goods.htm#WEBBING-%20NYLON

For those who get their pack soon, I'd be interested in hearing which ladder lock buckle is being used.

Ken K

@thefatboy

Locale: St. Louis

Looks like the initial run didn't last long… Web site says they're out of stock now.

Loren Baginski

@bags4266

I ordered one on sale for $125. they are backordered till the end of Dec. I think I could wait 2 weeks.

James Marco
    BPL Member

@jamesdmarco

Don't be in any hurry. They will be around for at least a year…
    The UL Murmur is really too small to make a good winter pack…maybe in the warmer areas, but at 2200ci and 20lb max loads it is not really designed for north country winters.

Keith F

@hamerica

Locale: Northern Virginia

Got mine on Saturday and the back pocket is huge! Even fairly well loaded the thing is pretty loose. Just wondering if anyone else had the same issue?

Christopher Yi
    Spectator

@traumahead

Locale: Cen Cal

Lucky. Missed the sale and now they out of stock till late Jan. Bummer about the pocket. Incentive to try out a Blast, hmm.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools