Topic

Karo step down jackets in progress

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Karo step down jackets in progress

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Michael Pappas

@mpap89

Locale: bay area

I've been working on a karo step down jacket for the last couple weeks now. I started with the Vuokatti Pullover pattern from shelby fabrics and modified to make it bigger since this isn't a stretch fabric and i don't want it skin tight. I'll be adding a full length zipper, two lower pockets and a chest pocket. I'm using m90r which seems to be the exact same fabric that i have on my Outdoor Research down jacket. I have 3 oz of 900 fill down from thru hiker to fill it it with once i get there. Right now i'm in the process of making the baffles which is taking forever. I'm using a 1/4" ratio. I did some test pieces and the down seemed to stay where it was with that low of a ratio. I'm hoping to have about 1.5-2 inches of loft.
    Michael

karo template:karo step cardboard jig

marked out arm:marked arm

completed arm:completed arm

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

Locale: Minnesota

4" box with 1" baffles? Is that what 1/4" means?

-Tim

Michael Pappas

@mpap89

Locale: bay area

Yeah

David Wills

@willspower3

Good idea with the template. That must be really time consuming to sew so many tiny baffles. Keep us updated on progress. Which things worked, which didn't, thoughts on box size after you finish, etc.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools