Topic

BA 3 person hoop shelter from 2 vestibules.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear BA 3 person hoop shelter from 2 vestibules.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    stephan q
    BPL Member

@khumbukat

Howdy. Our big/carcamping tent is an EM3 w/vestibule. So I found a second vestibule on Gear Swap, thinking I could rig the tent w/2 vestibules. Then I thought, what if I sew these together and add a pole? Here is fast mock up, as they zip together. Middle pole is from a Moment. 57 square feet for about 57 oz+/-. Vestibules are 28.5 square feet each. I get 57oz from a spec. of 24 oz each, minus zippers, plus pole and cross web. Also, REI has these for $45 each. Perhaps a smaller one could be made from the smaller vestibules. Thanks, stephan.em3

drowning in spam

@leaftye

Locale: SoCal

Nice idea for a myog tunnel tent with minimal sewing and fabrication.

stephan q
    BPL Member

@khumbukat

Thanks. Checked the hang tag and I had the weight wrong. They are only 20 oz each. I think the finished project will be under 48 oz.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools