Topic

Silnylon Bivy floor: Slippery?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Silnylon Bivy floor: Slippery?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    J F

@slimjim

I am planning on a Silnylon/M90 bivy project. I have concerns about the slipperiness of the Sil floor. Sometimes I'm sleeping on a slope, or whatever. How much problem is this?

Also, how waterproof is M90 for real? DWR is not WPB… or they'd advertise it as such, right? I want to be able to stand some rain w/o a tarp.

SlimJim

Ultra Magnus

@ultra_magnus

It's like walking on ice… Funny thing- while I was making my m90/silnylon bivy, my two year old couldn't stay away, he had to see what Daddy was doing, and repeatedly slipped and fell when he stepped on the stuff. I wonder if they work teflon into the mix or what…

But, that being said, there are several posts on applying some dots or stripes of seam sealer on the bottom, and on the underside of your sleeping pad to give it some grip.

BM

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools