Topic

shenandoah thru

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips shenandoah thru

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Chris Bowman

@jcbowman

Locale: ORF

Greetings everyone. Just throwing some feelers out there to see if anyone would be interested in a relatively fast thru of Shenandoah(thinking 4 days). I'm thinking late June, need the kids to be out of school, but the trail could be packed with thrus at that time. Anyone's interest piqued?

Christian Denniston
    BPL Member

@davidulhike

I may be interested. I have a thru hike of the Vermont Long Trail planned for late summer and Shanandoah would be a good prep. Keep me informed.

Leslie Thurston

@lesler

Locale: right here, right now

'tis hard to say what life shall bring between now and then, but i'm sincerely hoping/ secretly dying a long trail thru myself for summer. shannies would be cool too, it's been awhile, though logistically, the long trail is much more feasible for me. (i'm in NH). chris, would you entertain the latter instead? i'm generally down with good company and i dig big miles. moreover, where my time and finances are limited, fast is the new slow. both ya's, pitch me yer thoughts should u care to. leslie

Steve Gaioni
    BPL Member

@sgaioni

Locale: Mid-Atlantic

Four day end to end of SNP is very doable, especially around that time of year. You will have to compete for shelter space though. I know SNP well…countless outing up there.

Was thinking Long Trail myself for 2012.

Chris – I recommend you establish the means to PM. Best for not cluttering the forums with minutia not of general interest.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools