Topic

WM Megalite overfill is back home

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) WM Megalite overfill is back home

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

Today FED EX delivered my WM Megalite. I had used it for 3 years then sent it back to the factory for 1 oz. of overfill. Cost: $38. including return shipping. Great price.

It originally had good loft but boy is it ever "lofty" now. The former 30 F. bag should be good to about 20 F. which is more what I've been needing at higher elevations.

William Brown
    Spectator

@matthewbrown

Locale: Blue Ridge Mtns

I have a Megalite that I love. I've been thinking about this option as well. Then I can stick to my Summerlite in the warmer conditions and take the Mega when it dips in the 20s.

Brian Lewis

@brianle

Locale: Pacific NW

Serendipitously, I just sent in two WM sleeping bags that I've used quite a lot in recent years for the same thing: restuff, overfill. The price you list is a bit lower than I was fearing, so hopefully this will work well for me too. I'm not sure yet how much overfill to go for (one is a summerlite, the other an ultralite); hopefully they'll be able to recommend something when they call.

Overall the bags were in pretty good shape after so much use, but even after washing, drying, and maximally fluffing them up, holding either one up to a strong light source and feeling around I could still find areas now with little or no down — those one or two feathers seemingly lost per night really add up!

When I called, WM did warn me that in the holiday season they're pretty busy, so I shouldn't expect quick turn-around.

Bill Law
    BPL Member

@williamlaw

Locale: SF Bay Area

Rats! I just bought a Badger to replace (at least in some situations) my Megalite. That cost way more than $38…

I too have found my Megalite not quite warm enough in general the last couple of years, even though most temperatures are within its rated range. I attributed it to me getting old, though, not the sleeping bag.

Maybe I'll look at this re/over-stuff option next spring.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools