Topic

Lat/Long to UTM Conversion

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Lat/Long to UTM Conversion

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Carl Zimmerman
    BPL Member

@carlz993

I'm having problems finding a website to convert Lat/Long to UTM coordinates (NAD27). Specifically, I'm using a location from my SPOT on a previous hike in Big Bend National Park for another upcoming hike to Big Bend w/ some Scouts. Google Maps list the location as:
    Lat 29.24401
    Long -103.27713

When I've tried numerous online conversion calculators, I keep getting error messages.

RVP
    BPL Member

@tunaboy999-2

Locale: Mid Atlantic

Universal Transverse Mercator (UTM):
    Zone: 13
    Easting: 667425
    Northing: 3236250

This is WGS84, not NAD27, but unless you are digging for treasure it should be fine

Laurie Gibson
    BPL Member

@lagibson

Locale: Northeast

Have you tried http://www.rcn.montana.edu/resources/tools/coordinates.aspx? You can choose map datum Clarke 1866 (NAD 27).

Carl Zimmerman
    BPL Member

@carlz993

Rutherford: Thanks.

Laurie: I didn't try that one. Tried several others that I couldn't seem to work. Obviously, operator error at my end. That website worked perfectly for me. Thanks a lot. I'll bookmark that one for future reference.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools