Topic

Travel A-B cheapest?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Robert Burns

@ledcactusyahoo-com

Locale: Cascades / Olympics (WET)

My friend and I are looking to go from Seattle to Medford, Oregon and then hike back along the PCT. What is the cheapest way to get to Medford? Any ideas or deals would be greatly appreciated.

Anitra Kass

@anitraten

Locale: SoCal

Robert,
    I know that I've taken a Train (amtrak) from Seattle to Portland and it's probably between $28-$36 based on current internet fares. From Portland you can take Greyhound to Medford for sure (I had to get to Grant's Pass which is a stop or two before Medford) and it's probably about $40 based on the internet fare I saw. It's definitely not the fastest or the most convenient (getting from the train to the bus station might involve some expense but I rented a car in between so it was weird). Hope that helps.
    NITRO

b d

@bdavis

Locale: Mt. Lassen - Shasta, N. Cal.

Hi NITRO, this is bd up in Old Station with GH,

To Robert B,

If you want to get to Medford and are really having a problem, come all the way to Redding, CA, and we can put you up here on Lassen or friends can — we live only a few hundred yards from the PCT here in Old Station and one of our friends is the restocking and stay over angel for the area … and then get you to Medford. Also, if you can get to Yreka, CA, we have a good friend who has a small ranch type place with a guest cottage where you could stay, but you gotta use the wood stove in the cottage for heat since that is all there is, and then get a ride north to Medford … if that helps. Otherwise, we have a friend in Ashland who could probably put you up or find accomodations and find someone going to Medford. bd

Robert Burns

@ledcactusyahoo-com

Locale: Cascades / Olympics (WET)

bd,

Wow, thanks for your generosity, me and my buddy will definately have to consider that. We are still really unclear on how much $ we're going to have as far as for traveling, but I'll definately keep this offer in mind.

Thanks,
    Robbie

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools