Topic

The doldrums

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

"It was Lake Michigan, but for what it's worth Lake Superior is where it's at."

I hear ya. It's pretty crowded for my taste on both the L. Michigan and L. Huron shores. I lived in Marquette briefly when I was 6 years old, and later took a number of trips in the UP and along the north shore of Superior. It can get pretty gnarly up there, even if it's not very high.

Dave T

@davet

hey tom.

before you give up on the Sierra, let's take a few days out in the wilds. half my family ties are in Marquette.

dave.

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Locale: Wisconsin

Hey, you guys are talking my neck of the woods. Literally. I live in Milwaukee, but my family has property in northern Wisconsin, which is where 80% of my hiking is.

Anonymous
    Inactive

"before you give up on the Sierra, let's take a few days out in the wilds."

A capital idea, that. What do you have in mind? I have to warn you, though, that I no longer have 25 mile days in me. That said, based on this season, I do think I have a couple more years left to wander in wild places. Sorry, Dave C., no grizzlies, but there are still a few pretty wild places left in the Sierra. ;)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Darned if we don't have a Midwest Mafia forming up in this thread. ;=)

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

I live in 'Vegas and our Spring Mountains now have over 4 ft. of snow. Winter camping season is HERE! (And no Mafioso up there, Baby.)

Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools