Topic

Backpacker mag $3.99 a year, up to 3 years

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Backpacker mag $3.99 a year, up to 3 years

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Dave T

@davet

Paul Hope

@paulhope

Cheers Dave,

I always wait for one of these deals to renew my subscription; Backpacker just isn't worth the full $18 per year if you ask me, but $12 for 3 years is always a steal regardless of what you think about the magazine content. Now if only they would put similar deal on for Climbing or Rock & Ice.

Ryan C
    BPL Member

@radio_guy

Locale: United States

I have never ordered from discount magazine providers. Discount Mags seems legit from what I can tell. Has anyone had any problems with them? I would not want to get on a bunch of mailing list or get interrogation phone calls for not renewing in 3 years.

Paul Hope

@paulhope

Ryan,

I have ordered from them in the past and never had any problems. No phone calls and no automatic renewals.

Dave T

@davet

I've ordered 5+ different mags from them in the last couple years with no problem. I always just wait for the deal to come along, and usually buy 3 years (make sure to mark for a renewal, not a new subscription). Sometimes the subs take a little while to start (6-8 weeks) but that's pretty typical.

Curtis B.
    BPL Member

@rutilate

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Thanks for the heads-up. Ordering process was simple. Got three more years!

Scott Haddon

@rebeldawg63

Locale: Southeast

Renewal for 3 yrs and picked up OUTSIDE mag for 3 yrs also.
    These make great gifts for Christmas as well!

Michael Huffman
    BPL Member

@air2mud82

Locale: Germany/Montana

I also subscribed to both BP'er and Outside.

Wanted to post here to give it one more bump as the deal ends today.

Kelly Gigliotti

@kellyg

Huh, I keep trying the link, and it doesn't work. So I go to the website directly and search Backpacker, and it says $12/year. Help?

Elliott Wolin
    BPL Member

@ewolin

Locale: Hampton Roads, Virginia

I got $12/3yrs for a renewal, but it listed much more for a new subscription.

Kelly Gigliotti

@kellyg

Guessing the original subscription has to be through that website. I used "renewal" and still got the $36/3-year rate. I have a subscription but not through that site. Thanks though

Steven Adeff
    BPL Member

@tincanfury

Locale: Boston

looks like the sale must be over, I'm also getting them at $12

Joe Geib
    BPL Member

@joegeib

Locale: Delaware & Lehigh Valleys

I saw this too late (just now). I guess this is what happens when you log off BPL for the entire holiday weekend.

Anyway, I got a year renewal on Deekins for $2.99. Code: BFP224

NoCO-Jim
    BPL Member

@noco-jim

Locale: NoCO

Got my $3.99 back from CC company for 2-month old non-delivery from DiscountMag "Black Friday special" (this thread) subscription to Backpacker mag.

Be interested in others experience with this offer thread.

Joseph R
    BPL Member

@dianoda

Locale: Chicago, IL

I did not order my subscription to Backpacker specifically as a part of the black friday promotion, but I did order 3 years worth through discountmags at the $3.99/yr price through an earlier promotion. No problems so far, I've been getting my issues periodically after an initial lag of about 6-8 weeks for my first issue.

I should note that Backpacker does not always have a new issue each month, they run 9 issues per year, with fewer issues in winter months.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools