Topic

Living to eat, not eating to live

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition Living to eat, not eating to live

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

The old saying, "The French live to eat and the Russians eat to live." rings true in backpacking too. I've seen some pretty awful fare being chocked down by backpackers.

But this forum really and truly shows that you can go backpacking and "live to eat". I have printed out and cooked several recipies from this forum and am thankful this Thanksgiving season to have so many great people posting their tips and recipies here.

Happy Thanksgiving weekend guys.

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

I think that is the motto of Thanksgiving :-D

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Locale: Southwest

I think I've put the 10# that I worked so hard to lose back on in the last few days. I'll be back to getting dropped on the bike again.

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

PS: And if anyone wants some new ideas, I added 3 new recipes this past week to my personal blog from my column I write for Washington Trails Magazine. I need to get them up on the actual website…but I got busy with holiday cooking ;-)
    http://gazingin.com/2011/11/09/cold-weather-eats-new-recipes-from-my-wa-trails-column/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools