Topic

FujiFilm X10

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Photography FujiFilm X10

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Adam Kilpatrick
    BPL Member

@oysters

Locale: South Australia

There is a preview on DPReview now. This is a fascinating camera; I didn't realise before, but its not just another compact sensor camera, the sensor is about twice the size of a normal compact and larger than the sensors in other premium compacts such as the LX3, S100, XZ-1 etc. Its also an "EXR" sensor, which is quite unique, particularly in its abilities to improve dynamic range, something which I personally long for. It means a loss of total resolution when applied back down to 6MP, but thats a small price to pay IMHO for extra dynamic range with going into HDR malarky. 6MP is more than enough for me.

The EXR tech is described here on page three of the preview:

http://www.dpreview.com/previews/fujifilmx10/page3.asp

Cheers!

Adam

Rick M
    BPL Member

@yamaguy

del

drowning in spam

@leaftye

Locale: SoCal

Whoa, I didn't think the X-S1 would be out until early next year. I'm pretty excited about this camera. I like that it offers a long-ish zoom for catching larger wildlife that always seems to be pretty far away. It has a bunch of features that allows me to practice my photography so that switching to a DSLR will be easy and productive. It is heavy for long multi-day hikes, but I wouldn't mind it for day hikes.

I haven't read the released specs, but I'm hoping it still uses AA batteries. Now to go read more about it…

drowning in spam

@leaftye

Locale: SoCal

It uses a lithium ion battery, which is unfortunate. I was hoping that they'd either still with AA's or do like Pentax and deliver it with a lithium ion battery and offer an optional AA battery holder. A battery grip might be a nice option…

That said, the battery choice isn't enough to dissuade me from this camera. All my cameras have been Fujifilm, and will continue to be with this camera. I love that it still feels and operates like a Fujifilm camera…no big changes. The build camera is way up, and they've significantly improved the manual zoom and EVF which were weak spots previously. The external mic jack is a great bonus. The metal lens body should mean that this camera will easily handle heavy lens add-ons, although the older plastic models didn't seem to have a problem. All in all, they made a big evolutionary step forward with this camera. I can easily see myself using this camera for the next 5 years, maybe even 10. I just hope there aren't any bad surprises.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools