Topic

Wonderland Trail Maps

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Wonderland Trail Maps

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Esther Caprez

@estinadel

Locale: go bush !

been searching thru PBL forums re maps & have found suggestions (Green Trails, REI, Barnes&Noble; Northwest Maps), But have tried each of those and they don't have the #269 & 270 that I want to buy. have tried looking for other online retailers (yellow pages, etc) but no luck! Can anyone help pls? [PS: am keen to purchase online, as I live in Australia but my daughter will be in Tacoma at Thanksgiving.) Ta!

Dirk Rabdau

@dirk9827

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Hey! I live near Tacoma and I can tell you the map you want is the Green Trail Maps 269S.

This is a relatively new map that puts the entire Wonderland on one map. You can buy it at the Green Trail Maps online store. If you would like, I will be happy to purchase it on your behalf if shipping is an issue and send it your way.

I also have the Topo! maps for Washington and could send you a map of the Wonderland as a PDF file to be printed at your leisure.

Dirk

Esther Caprez

@estinadel

Hey, thanks alot Dirk. I didn't know the 269S was the whole track! I went back to the Green Trails online store but as far as I can tell, you must purchase 6 maps at a time. As I am not hiking that often in the PNW, I really don't want to buy more. Am I wrong about the qty of 6 at the online store? If I'm not, I'll just get my dad to buy it from REI.

But Dirk – would like to take you up on your offer of the Topo map of the Wonderland trail – that'd be terrific.

Cheers, Esther

Dirk Rabdau

@dirk9827

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Esther –

I don't think you can buy single maps from Green Trails online however, you can from REI.

You can buy single 269S maps at REI but also order online from REI here.

Write me at dirk9827(dot)yahoo.com and I will send you a USGS map from my TOPO! program.

Thanks,

Dirk

Esther Caprez

@estinadel

Thanks, Dirk. Have sent you an email.

AND found the map at REI online. Appreciate it alot!

Cheers

Esther

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

Esther Caprez

@estinadel

Hi Anna – my apologies! I never saw your post. Thanks for replying. I looked at Steve's site tonight and have written to him. My two itineraries for the Wonderland Trail (starting the day after Labor Day) got knocked back and I am SO disappointed. If you have any suggestions (buy permits on eBay or CraigsList??), I'd love to hear them. Hope you have a great summer hiking. I am in Australia and our hiking season is in the winter! Cheers, Esther

Esther Caprez

@estinadel

Hi Dirk – we emailed last November about the Wonderland Trail. I've just sent you an email to your yahoo address. If you don't get it, let me know and I'll re-send via this site.

Cheers, Esther

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools